Saturday, January 20 | 1:18 am

yesterday, when i was in the mrt on the way home, this guy from across the aisle got up from his seat and sat next to me. (about one stop after his friends got off, i think) "can i offer you some tissue?" he says. (for i had been sniffling and trying to breathe through my blocked nose) at first i declined, because well my nose was blocked, not runny. and it would be really gross to blow my nose like a trumpet on the train. but he insisted, and was already handing me his packet of tissues. and after that, we started talking.

it was a really pleasant conversation, because for the first time in my life, the guy spoke perfect english! i swear. let me make it clear that he was malay. and because he was speaking so well, plus he was really well-mannered and polite, i enjoyed the conversation. usually its like - sekolah mana? poly eh? -__-

if i remember correctly, it went somewhat like this -
(i was reading lecture material before he approached me)
so you're from school is it?
yeahh.
how's school?
uhh, tiringg..
(laughs, i think) and which school are you from?
nus.
oh, which fac would that be?
life science. are you from nus too?
oh no no.. why, do i look like i'm from nus?
i dunno.. you sound like you knew what you were talking about.

and so on. i can't remember the rest. turns out, he's two years younger than i am. and working somewhere. adidas, i think. haha. i don't remember much, except! (this is my favourite part.) we were approaching tampines and i was packing up. he goes "it was nice talking to you. hope to bump into you again, take care.. bye (: " he didn't ask for my number! how refreshing! it felt like a real sincere conversation between two strangers, and i appreciate that. [:

anyway, yesterday i had strip-date with fadilah! my maiden visit. ;P and it was a satisfying one. the lady i got was really good. (:

after that, the two of us just hung around and talked and talked, until isk came and it was time to go home. yeah well, that's how best to get to know someone better right? i truly enjoyed our conversations. [:

to a lasting friendship (:

|